Back in March of 2011, I did a post on the Western trend that was emerging on the streets as well as on the Fall 2011 runways. I have to say I was extremely excited about this trend as I’ve got some Texas in my blood and I happen to be a pretty badass cowgirl. The thought of finally being able to wear all of my turqoise jewelry, suede fringe jackets, snakeskin boots, navajo ponchos and cowboy hats and big buckles made my heart skip a beat… a few times.
Unfortunately, my busy travel schedule has not allowed me to get creative in my closet very often these past few months. Lucky for me, I’ve been able to live my Western fantasies out in the many editorials that featured this trend over the Fall season.
I have loved all of them but here are a few of my favorites:
I have all the makings for this look and am going to put a serious effort into pulling it off in the coming weeks.
A few ingredients above:
- Blue poncho by Corey Lynn Calter
- Fox fur vest found in Japan
- Plaid shirt by Band of Outsiders
- Vintage Eagle belt buckle
- Wood and silver necklace by Isabel Marant
- Vintage Silver amber cuff and ring and Pheonix earrings
- Indian Princess ring by Rima Hyena