As the new year gets going, our minds are flooded with new ideas, goals we want to accomplish and changes we want to make. This time of year can be a bit overwhelming with all of the thoughts rolling around in our head. Where do we start? How do we get there? What can we do each day to accomplish our goals and make a better life for ourself?
I ran across this list by Robin Sharma yesterday of simple things we can do daily that will make a difference in our lives and impact our long term goals. It might seem a bit out of context that we aren’t referencing fashion, but at The Sche Report we are focused on the future, so I feel this is a valid post to share.
1. Exercise daily.
2. Get serious about gratitude.
3. See your work as a craft.
4. Expect the best and prepare for the worst.
5. Keep a journal.
7. Plan a schedule for your week.
8. Know the 5 highest priorities of your life.
9. Say no to distractions.
10. Drink a lot of water.
11. Improve your work every single day.
12. Get a mentor.
13. Hire a coach.
14. Get up at 5 am each day. (this is the only one I don’t agree with!)
15. Eat less food.
16. Find more heroes.
17. Be a hero to someone.
18. Smile at strangers.
19. Be the most ethical person you know.
20. Don’t settle for anything less than excellence.
21. Savor life’s simplest pleasures.
22. Save 10% of your income each month.
23. Spend time at art galleries.
24. Walk in the woods.
25. Write thank you letters to those who’ve helped you.
26. Forgive those who’ve wronged you.
27. Remember that leadership is about influence and impact, not title and accolades.
28. Create unforgettable moments with those you love.
29. Have 5 great friends.
30. Become stunningly polite.
31. Unplug your TV.
32. Sell your TV.
33. Read daily.
34. Avoid the news.
35. Be content with what you have.
36. Pursue your dreams.
37. Be authentic.
38. Be passionate.
39. Say sorry when you know you should.
40. Never miss a moment to celebrate another.
41. Have a vision for your life.
42. Know your strengths.
43. Focus your mind on the good versus the lack.
44. Be patient.
45. Don’t give up.
46. Clean up your messes.
47. Use impeccable words.
48. Travel more.
49. Read “As You Think”.
50. Honor your parents.
51. Tip taxi drivers well. (hmmmmmm….)
52. Be a great teammate.
53. Give no energy to critics.
54. Spent time in the mountains.
55. Know your top 5 values.
56. Shift from being busy to achieving results.
57. Innovate and iterate.
58. Speak less. Listen more.
59. Be the best person you know.
60. Make your life matter.
This is a great list to print out and put on your inspiration board to remind you everyday of what to focus on!
In 2011, The Sche Report is excited to launch many new categories of stories in the coming year:
“Behind The Collection” : A segment focusing on designers and their inspiration for the next season; Videos of designers in their studio will accompany an interview and pictures to help you understand a designer’s jumping off point for a collection.
“Artisan Approach” : Focusing on the return to craftmanship within fashion, we will showcase artisans and their handmade goods highlighting their passion to create beautiful and long-lasting product that withstands time and transcends trends.
“On the Horizon”: This category will cover new designers on the scene who are just getting started that we think are the next rising stars of fashion.
“Retail Review” : The Sche Report will review new and interesting retail stores that have carved out a niche in this challenging market through aesthetics, point of view, customer integration and sustainability.
“I Do Good” : A continuation of our segment focusing on companies/designers/retailers who’s mission is to have an impact on the greater good of the world through sustainable practices, global outreach and environmental awareness.
In addition to the stories above, we will continue to keep you ahead of the curve with our “Trend Alert’s” and our many comprehensive runway roadmaps. Look for highlights on interesting points within the marketplace that we spot as well as Fashion Week coverage.
We are excited to announce that we have an Editor at Large in London who will be reporting on all of the same topics above which will allow us firsthand information from one of the most influential fashion cities.
Look for this and more as we continue to be the resource for trends and movements within the fashion marketplace.
If you haven’t already, please SUBSCRIBE to The Sche Report so that you can always be one of the first to read!
Happy New Year!!